Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Push Through the Pain

I hate being hurt. I hate feeling like I cant do something. I dont work so hard every day of the week to feel like I need to slow down. I do it to push myself and my body in order to reach the goals I have set for myself. This whole time it hasnt been anything outrageous. My main goal has been to lose weight, get healthy, and run. I've done all of these, but not completely. I still have weight to lose which will make me more healthy and I have a half marathon to do!

While training yesterday I did a weight lifting move wrong. I was completely atfault-instead of squating I leaned forward and strained my lower back. It feels like someone kicked me in my lower back and it hurts to even bend over the sink and brush my teeth. For me, I refuse to let this stop me, but other people in my life think its a sign to slow down and not "push myself." I know that advice is right too, but I hate hate hate feeling held back! I'm finally starting to feel good about myself and I dont need to have setback. Just a little frustrated and needed to vent.

On a lighter note I pushed through endurance team today and feel good that I got a workout in. Tomorrow I will take the day off and give my muscles a day to relax..I guess. Tomorrow is also my LAST DAY AT WORK! I'm feeling mixed emotions because the opportunity to work where I do has been amazing. I've been able to make my own schedule and have weekends off my entire time at UF and I'm so thankful. I am also ready to get a 2 week break from it before I start the next chapter of my life in the real world. So as happy as I am, tomorrow will be a little sad and I will miss the people I work with. Maybe I will feel differently tomorrow...we will see

No comments:

Post a Comment