Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Holy Headache!


That is the story of my day today, headaches or should I say migraines. If you have never had a migraine than you are extremely lucky, but I am blessed with them about as frequently as my "gift from mother nature" (haha I know tmi), but seriously about once a month or more if I'm stressed. With all of my final papers and exams coming up in such a small amount of time, just thinking about it gives me a headache.

It was at work around noon that I started thinking about the 8 page paper I had to write tonight, can we say procrastination. Anyways I tried to get it out of my head, but subconsciously it stuck and by 2:30 I was getting extremely light sensitive and nauseous. I went home and took the opportunity to lay under the covers with my amazing Brookstone Tension-Relieveing Mask. Seriously this mask is the greatest gift I've ever received-it subtly massages your temples while making a soothing sound. Its also on a 15 min timer so it doesnt drain the battery.I've had it for 3 years and i couldnt live without it!!
After that and some Excedrin I was off to the gym for personal training. Justin took one look at me and knew something was wrong, I even teared up, but said I had to work the stress out. Thats exactly what we did. I felt so strong today and I can feel a difference in my body and my clothes and I'm truly starting to be happy with myself, no matter what the scale says this weekend.

After the workout I had a delicious Yoplait triple berry smoothie-so good and only 110 calories for half, I split it with Cody (the only way he eats fruit!). Then it was shower and time to focus on the paper. Luckily I outlined what I wanted to write about last night, so I wrote it alot quicker than I thought. It took about 3 1/2 hours including dinner time, not bad. So now I will relax with my boyfriend and sleeeeep! I will need it to get through this weekend and following week!

No comments:

Post a Comment