Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Hang it on the wall!"

So, the next few weeks here are going to be a little more stressful than I imagined. My last day of class is next Tuesday and before then I have 5 papers due and 3 exams. YIKES! While trying to get all that done I'm also trying to kill it in the gym because 3 weeks to graduation also means 3 weeks until cruise and dare I say *bikini*. But, the weight loss caused conflicting emotions this weekend. I went through my entire closet and there is nothing left, I mean nothing. Everything I had was too big. This is a great thing, except I havent gone out to get new clothes yet. Then first thing yesterday I stepped on the scale to weigh in for the week and I hadn't lost an ounce!! I am the exact same weight as last week. I was immediately frustrated because I felt I had an awesome week last week so I expected a decent number. When I got to my appointment with my trainer I asked his advice and he told me to finish my last few weeks of my challenge with my dad and then stop with the scale. I told him that I had just purchased this scale, it was biggest loser scale, and it had a cute pattern. His response "Hang it on the wall", but let it go! GEEZE! Obviously I should check in periodically, but he said my clothes should be my goal and since I can now button my size 4 "goal pants" I should use that as my marker. I agreed with him and I had one of my best workouts in a long time! The rest of my night was spent doing homework, boring.

Still pushing myself this week in the gym and with my calories is something I'm focused on, so today I hit up a 50 minute abs and glutes class, then did 35 min on the elliptical. Tomorrow, I have personal training again and my body is aching, in a good way though, so I'm hoping for success this week. Everyday I will get up and make the conscious choice to continue on this health journey for myself and the joy its bringing me. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment