Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

pics from the weekend
grad announcement
racing to the finish line


pre-race

This weekend was just what the doctor ordered. I love relaxing weekends at home with the parents. With school quickly coming to an end and finals and essay deadlines approaching I just need to remember to breathe and take time for myself. Thats exactly what I did this weekend.
Saturday my mom and I got up for our "Walk a Mile in Their Shoes" 5K. The race itself was a bit unorganized with the start and course map, but it ended up being my best race yet! I finished with a time of 31:30, which is a huge improvement from my first 5k (39 min). I placed 6 out of 16 in my age group and was 72 out of 334 overall-not a bad day's work. After the race mom and I got ready to shop and do lunch. We went to Target and got some things I needed-new blowdryer, sports bras, a scale, the BlindSide dvd, and random toiletries. Then we went to lunch at Chipotle and headed home to watch the movie. From then on we spent the day relaxing-watching the movie, ordering dinner in with dad, and watching March Madness basketball games! Such a relaxing, yet productive day.

Sunday we started the day with a healthy breakfast and weekly weigh-in for my dad and I. Unfortunately, he gained a pound, but I lost 2, which was my goal for the week!! I was so excited for that and using my new scale (ohh the little things...). Then we headed out for a 3 mile run. We wanted to run farther, but the weather started looking bad so we headed home. After that my little sister came home and we went to lunch together and ran some errands which was nice. Once I got home I was roped into doing my graduation announcements. The whole family helped and we had a little assembly line working. I still cant believe its only a month away!
The drive home was boring as usual, but once I got home I was happy to see my puppy and boyfriend and have dinner with them. Ale House salad-yes please! We went to bed early and I was pretty refreshed to start the week. Though its Monday I'm hitting the gym and nutrition hard and hope to pull off another 2 lb loss this week! I know it will be diffiuclt, but after trying on bathing suits my goal seems closer, yet not quite here yet. I'm really hoping to be as close to my goal weight by graduation/cruise. For once I want to enjoy being in pictures and feel comfortable in a bikini. It has been a long time coming, so I'm really kicking it in gear!! Operation Beach Body here I come!!








No comments:

Post a Comment