Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time for Shoe Shopping!

After today's 4 mile run, one thing is apparent-something is off, and I think I know what it is. The last three runs I have done, though physically I felt great and my breathing and everything was under control, when I stop running the pain sets in. It feels like both of my knees have been locked for a decent amount of time. They feel so stiff and tight, and I've never felt that before. It doesnt last too long, and I can normally walk/stretch it out, but it is painful. I dont know if it has anything to do with the distances I've put in each week with training for this half, but I'm thinking it could be caused by my shoes. I've had them from my first 5K (last October), to the River Run, and now half marathon training. So, tomorrow I will go to 1st Place Sports and see about some new shoes. I have my Vibrams (which I love) but I havent been training with them, so the plan is to get some new Mizunos (like I wear now) and once the half is over, using my Vibrams again.
Besides my run this afternoon, work was extremely boring, so I couldnt wait to get off and go run. My mom and Cody came tonight which was helpful because there is something different about running in the afternoon rather than the morning. I definitely prefer the morning, so I wont put it off again.
Tomorrow: no running-strength training!

No comments:

Post a Comment