Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Exciting Day!

What a day! It started with a little work drama. Before our staff meeting this morning my boss tells me I will be going to Melbourne with him and our manager tomorrow for meetings..ok great! It gets announced at the meeting, business as usual, then
I get told that I am no longer going, someone in the office didnt think it "was fair that the new girl was going" Ok it upsets me a little because I dont understand why grown women are upset and being childish, but ok I wont go. 3:30 rolls around, and I'm going again, geeze!
That doesnt really matter much anymore because I got a call today from Allstate and I got the job I've been interviewing for! This is finally it, the start of my career, not just a job. I will be a full-time, salaried employee, licensed by the state of Florida, ah so excited! I dont know how or when I will leave this job (I start Sept 20th at Allstate) but I'll figure it out over the weekend.
After work I went to 1st Place Sports for new shoes. I brought my old ones just to make sure they were dunzo and boy did I get a rude awakening! Apparently you should replace your running shoes like every 4 months (if youre running on average 20 miles a week) Well I've had these shoes for a year and so yah...they were more than happy to sell me another pair. I got my feet tested and I have a medium arch with pressure on my heels, and more so on my right foot, for whatever reason. Of the 3 pairs I tried, I stuck with Mizuno and got the same type as before, just the newest version.
After that my parents took me to dinner to celebrate. While we waited for a table I went and bought a new Jaguar shirt since I'm going to the game tomorrow night. It was just overall and exciting day! I'm not sure about my running tomorrow though since I have to be at work at 7. I'll just have to make something work!

No comments:

Post a Comment