Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

9 Miles & a New Trainer!

First of all, finding a trainer/new gym is tough! I absolutely loved GHFC and my trainer there, and I knew when I moved back to Jax that it would be difficult, but I didnt know it would be like buying a car! Wednesday the boyfriend and I decided to go check out some gyms (the Y is kind of expensive). We started at the HIT center-the bootcamp is decently priced, but its not catered to the individual, more of a group atmosphere, so you're forced to keep up with different fitness levels. The personal training there was through the roof! Next, we moved on to Just Fitness (one of the locations here) and what a joke. I understand they are still building their gym in Mandarin, but they sit you at a table show you prices and then pressure you like a used car salesman. I asked about personal training, and all I got was Botox barbie in my face trying to intimidate me and trick me into a membership. No thanks, I wont pay $100 today just to get a session with you tomorrow-she gave me no prices and no incentive to go back, ever! (SN: I have been a guest this week to the Just Fitness at a different location, and it is 100% better-I may just join there) Then we went to the Y, just to see about their personal training. I was handed a sheet of paper and told to have a nice day. Again, not helpful. I felt discouraged until I got on FB that night and saw that a guy I went to high school with was training at a gym on Southside. I sent him a message, met him Thursday to talk goals, did a free session, and now I have a trainer! I dont have to join the gym he's at and he is super flexible with payments. Knowing him helps too, because I feel comfortable. Though we were acquaintances in h.s it is cool to be working together now.

I start tomorrow with him twice a week. We will do measurements every month and he's excited because I've been trained before, so in his words we can get straight to "kicking my butt." I know I dont have alot to lose, but I have hit a plateau and need to get these last 15 lbs off. I'm excited and I finally feel back on track since moving back.

On to the 9 miles. With 2 weeks until the 1/2 marathon, the Sunday long runs are peaking and today was a 9. I went to this running/biking trail and set out to get it done. The weather could not have been more perfect. I'm a little upset I didnt bring my camera because there was so much to see, from rabbits to bulls in the middle of the trail, it was a sight. I felt great the entire run. My feet started to hurt a bit at the 7 mile mark, but at that point I was in the zone and I felt like I was on cruise control, so there was no stopping. My time, not as good, but since this will be my first half-marathon, I'm not concerned with that at all. To me, its all about finishing! I feel great and I'm excited to start this next week, a new job, and a new trainer! Life is good-Happy Sunday! Look forward to relaxing and enjoying some football! Heck, maybe the Jags will win today!

1 comment:

  1. It has great details and yet it is easy to understand.That's what i was looking for. I will definitely share it with others.Thanks for sharing.Personal Trainer Directory

    ReplyDelete