Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mid Week Pep Talk

So my job is stressful. Let's face it-people get in accidents all the time. Luckily, it keeps me employed. But, the amount of accidents makes my job something that is never-ending. Just when I clear claims, there are 5 more in my task bank to look at. It's almost like a cycle where it feels like you cant keep your head above water.

Lately I decided that I wasnt going to stress so much. There are days that are so overwhelming I go home thinking that I really got nothing accomplished and feel like maybe a 12 hour work day would be better. Then there are days like today, where I catch a break and get most of my day to catch up and get a ton done! It's made me realize that my job can relate to a weight loss journey. Some days are so overwhelming that all you want to do is give up and eat that chocolate bar or drink that soda. But then there are days when you feel so on track and so motivated that nothing can stop you. Today was that day for me. I caught up on work, and that made me feel like its cyclical. Some days are worse than others and I shouldnt stress because the day will come when I get to catch my breath and get re-organized. Just with weight loss I have my frustrated days and days where I'm unstoppable.

I thinks its important to realize that its ok to have the down days, but not to dwell on them and let them overwhelm you. As quick as it comes, a better day is on the other side. Its just important to keep in my mind the "why" or motivation.

Not sure why this was on my mind, I think I might have needed a pep talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment