Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Gear & a New Attitude!

In order to gear up for the River Run and really get in a good place about running I thought some retail therapy was in order. It's amazing how stocking up and buying new running gear can put you in a great mood! It's almost like looking better makes you feel better, and in turn makes you run better. First, I stocked up on my GNC Active Women Vitapaks, Chewable (yes like a 5 year old, but the flavor is good) Vitamin C, and new protein powder. Then I went to Academy Sports to look for some cute colder weather gear. They had an awesome sale on Nike Pro Combat stuff. I got capris, and a long sleeve pro combat shirt. I'm in LOVE with the shirt. The outside is dri-fit, but the inside is an amazing warm cloth material. The end of the sleeves even have a thumb hole, so your hands can stay warm. I wore both today and I will be going back for more!
Then today, after work I was looking online at running shoes. Since I know the kind I like I thought I would just see what kind of price difference I could find. I found a pair of the Mizunos I wear for HALF the price! I was ecstatic because its about time for new shoes, and these are white and pink!

It's amazing how a little bit of new stuff can make such a difference in your attitude. My first training run for the GRR this morning, went ok. I felt good and was excited to get back into it. I felt a little winded, but I think it has to do with all the junk I've been eating. By the end of the week I think I'll feel back to normal. Looking forward to productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment