Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Speedbump

So lately I have been in a bit of a rut. I have been eating healthy, yet the exercise has not been happening. I know the half marathon is coming up, but I have been putting my running on the back burner. This is the toughest part of a healthy lifestyle. It is easy to say the goals you have, but actually doing them is another. The mental aspect of of being an athlete is hardest part. I know I can push my body to do it, but mentally I'm having a hard time pushing past my comfort zone. I keep telling myself 'theres always tomorrow' but with half marathon training that really isnt the case. I either need to step up or check out of this race (which I refuse to do)! So tomorrow I will be up at 5:30 for a 3-mile run!

I know this is a problem everyone encounters at some point and I feel like the best way to handle it is to admit that you are suffering from this. From there its time to break the barriers push your mind and body, with this anyone, myself included, can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment