Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Case of the Mondays...

Nothing to exciting to talk about today, just another Monday! I did not want to get up this morning, especially since my nephew Lucas is here! I feel like I'm missing out on so much time with him.This working 8:30 am to 7 pm thing is not so great. The paycheck is nice, but this is one of those weeks I wish I was unemployed!
Either way, I got through the day eating healthy and came home to an amazing dinner. The boys cooked ribs all day. They had ribs, macaroni and cheese, green beans, and garlic bread, but since I am training I avoided the good stuff. Instead they grilled me chicken, made brown rice, and had me fresh green beans. It was tough to watch everyone enjoy food like that, but when it was over and everyone felt sickly full I felt content and even better knowing I made the right choice for me and my body. After dinner it was time to swim with Lucas and Cody. Since I hadnt done any weight training today, I took the opportunity to swim some laps. I got Lucas to make a game out of it and he had fun racing me. It is a prime example of how even if you work 11 hours, have family in town and think there is no time to work out, it can be worked into any situation. Now I can go to bed knowing I got my cross-training in and got to spend quality time with my nephew. Tomorrow is another day of work and working out-Ashley is coming over for a 2 miler in the morning. Oh speaking of Ashley-my biffle got into nursing school today which is her dream and I am so proud of her!! I know what it is like to want something and finally get it. She will be an amazing nurse!!
Ok-off to bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment