Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Outback Distance Classic-PR

On Thanksgving morning I ran in the outback Distance Classic. I only did the 6K, but I was excited to race again since my 1/2 in October. I met up with 2 of my co-workers once I got there. I was nervous since I wasnt running with someone, it was my first race by myself so I loaded up the ipod and hoped for the best.
It was foggy out and a little bit humid. I started out with both my co-workers and within the first mile we got separated with one. I stayed with the other until about 2 1/2 miles, but then I cranked my ipod and got into my rhythm. When I finished I felt great. I looked at my watch and saw it said about 38:50 seconds. I knew compared to last year it was better, but I waited for the results to be sure. I finished my 6K in 38:48 and averaged a 10:39 minute mile! That it a PR for me in this particular race, because last year I ran it in 41 mminutes and had an 11:12 minute pace. I love seeing how much my time has changed in a matter of one year. I also like seeing how I compared in my age group as well as to all the finishers. I finished 468 out of 2040 total finishers! Woohoo, excited for a PR!
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! Looking forward to a good week of training/running.

No comments:

Post a Comment