Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Races & Possibilities

I'm pretty sure I stayed up too late last night. I started a new book and got a little caught up and before I knew it, it was almost 1 am. Needless to say, running didnt happen this morning.
Work was pretty boring, so while I sat ther staring at the computer I took it upon myself to register for the Outback Distance Classic race on Thanksgiving morning. The race is a 6K or a 1/2 marathon. My original plan before the Marine Corp 1/2 was to complete the 3 1/2 marathons in 3 months, one in October, November, and December, but I took too long of a break after the first one. So, this will be my first race since the 1/2. I'm really excited even if it only is a 6K! I have truly missed waking up early for the races, getting the bag of stuff, and just the adrenaline of racing all together! I have to say, I'm normally not a fan of the shirts races give out, but this years technical tee is cute! Last year they had a long sleeve cotton tee which I love to wear around the house in the winter, but I approve of the tech tee this year.
I was also looking at mini triathlons. I found one in Orlando in May. It would be a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. I just want to try something different. It is a big committment and I havent registered yet, but I am toying with the idea. I'll keep updating about what I decide. Now to watch one of my FAVORITE shows-The Biggest Loser, then I'll be trying for that run again tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment