Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Finding Myself

So lately, a certain someone who I happen to share my home with has been asking about my blogging. I'm not sure where his sudden interest came from, but for whatever reason it got me thinking...

I started by asking myself why I started this blog to begin with. I lost a friend 2 1/2 years ago, and running seemed to be the only thing I could control. With everything spinning out of control around me, the running kept me sane. I remember running and crying with every step. It was a release and as time goes on, running has become something I love and enjoy doing. It will always remind me of that tough time in my life, but back then thats what it was for me. I ran for my life and my sanity, and for a sense of control.

Now, I feel like I dont have much to say. I feel like I've lost my voice with this blog. Alot of time has passed and now running is something else. I'm at my goal weight, and I enjoy doing different races, but I dont need it for the same sense of control. So I'mnot sure what point this brings me to, except that now I'm trying to find my voice. I'm not sure what route this blog is going to take, but I'm determined to keep blogging and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment